Ladybird Haiku

Saturday, August 12, 2006



dusk
the sunflower's face turned
towards the rain

***

mrak
obraz sončnice
obrnjen k dežju

12 Comments:

At 12/8/06 11:00 PM, Blogger Ashi said...

Now Polona that's definitely not normal behaviour for Sunflowers - something I dont know?

 
At 12/8/06 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this one!

 
At 13/8/06 1:22 AM, Blogger extraspecialbitter said...

very effective use of yellow text on the brown part of the sunflower. well done!

 
At 13/8/06 1:31 AM, Blogger Margie said...

Beautiful Polona.... as always!
Thank you so very much for the
sweet b-day wishes!
My day is much nicer because of your wishes!

 
At 13/8/06 2:03 AM, Blogger Pris said...

So nice!!! love the placement of the text, too.

 
At 13/8/06 4:57 AM, Blogger The Site Administrator said...

I like it!

 
At 13/8/06 6:41 AM, Blogger Masago said...

I like the yellow text as welll.

 
At 13/8/06 9:03 AM, Blogger Plus Ultra said...

When things are not going right in my life, I do not cry for the sun but with chins up (or petals up)I face the rains and the dusk...for I know I have in me something that is always beyond myself, always much more......I could use that as a personal motto, lovely lovely verse. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 13/8/06 2:09 PM, Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Great one Polona.

 
At 13/8/06 5:57 PM, Blogger floots said...

loved it :)

 
At 13/8/06 11:16 PM, Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Served neat. Very good Polona!!

 
At 13/8/06 11:36 PM, Blogger polona said...

well, ashi - as you know, the sunflowers tend to follow the path of the sun even if it's hidden behind the clouds. on a rainy day everywhere they turn they face rain, no?
there are of course other ways to interpret this haiku :)

thank you, aurora!

it's about time the sundial started telling time her again... thanks, charlie (i think)

thank you, esb!

it's my pleasure, margie! thank you!

thak you, pris!
this seemed to work, then :)

thank you, karasu!

thanks, vaughn!

plus ultra, thank you for your great comment! i'm glad this spoke for you.

thank you, floots :)

thanks, pat!
thank you, don!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home